Welcome to BIEN, the Botanical Information and Ecology Network
BIEN is a network of ecologists, botanists, and computer scientists working together to document global patterns of plant diversity, function and distribution.
Here you will find access to:
- Georeferenced plant observations from herbarium, plot, and trait records;
- Plot inventories and surveys;
- Species geographic distribution maps;
- Plant traits;
- A species-level phylogeny for all plants in the New World;
- Cross-continent, continent, and country-level species lists.
Access Data – See the data overview page to access public data, request access to private data, and find data tools and products.